MISSION AND CORE VALUES
Advancing Leadership for Women
The International Women’s Forum – New Mexico celebrates women by advancing leadership across careers, cultures and our communities, connecting our state’s most preeminent women of significant and diverse achievements in order to:
- exchange ideas, to learn and inspire, and to promote better leadership for a changing world;
- embrace women’s leadership – past, present and future; promote and facilitate communication among women leaders;
- empower women to achieve their highest potential as leaders; and,
- foster and support association among our members to enable them, individually and collectively, to exert influence and to discharge their responsibilities in their communities and globally.
As an Affiliate of the International Women’s Forum, we embrace their goals and support their efforts to establish an international community of women leaders and support the IWF’s Leadership Foundation to help prepare future generations of women leaders.
Our Core Values
- Sharing knowledge and ideas
- Respecting each other and our different points of view
- Fostering open and honest communication
- Enriching each other’s lives through new friendships
- Supporting a global, national and local network of women leaders
- Opening possibilities for creative thinking and public service
Past presidents gather at the IWF-NM 25th anniversary party, from back row left, Lynn Behnfield Thomas, Sharon Schenck, Linda Cohen, Mary Ann Shaening and Anita Hill. Front row from left, Betty Downes, Ruth Frazier, Maria Estela Lopez De Rios, Rebecca R. Wurtzburger and Mary Lou Cook. Photo by Nancy Bartlit